Date(s) - Tue 22 Mar 2022
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The Police Pension is notoriously complicated and making a badly informed decision to do with your pension could prove costly when you come to retire from the Service.
Metfriendly has people that know the ins and outs of the different Police Pension Schemes. Over years of helping Police Officers and Staff at our popular “Options” retirement seminars, we have experience in answering some frequently asked questions and dispelling some common myths around pensions.
Join us for an informative hour hosted by Metfriendly’s Simon Horgan, one of the presenters at Options. Simon has been helping Police Officers and Staff for the last 20 years where it comes to making financial decisions in their lives.
We’ll also be joined by Paul Turpin – Metropolitan Police Federation Pension Lead and Region 8 Ill Health Retirement Adviser.
The session will cover the following topics:
- Topical questions and myths around the Police Pension using real-life case studies
- Pension reform
- “Weighted accrual” and “immediate detriment” – what they mean and how they work
- “Underpin” calculations – what it is and how it affects you
- October 2023 – relevance of this date and how it affects you
- Understanding your pension statement
- Scheme overview (all three schemes) and how they work together
- Understanding when you can retire and what to expect (lump sum options)
“Simon was really good and explained what can be complicated and complex matters, in a simple and easy to understand format.” – an Options attendee
“For the first time I now have clarity and understanding. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m genuinely grateful for your input.” – an Options attendee
Bookings are closed for this seminar.