Make an investment and watch it grow – and you can add more money to it at any time.
Anyone, such as grandparents, uncles, aunts, Godparents or family friends can pay into a Junior ISA for a child as long as they have the parent(s) or guardian(s) consent.
Invest in their future now, with annual bonuses (and a final bonus after 3 years or more) and the knowledge that the ISA funds must go to the child you’ll be providing an important financial boost to your child just when they may need it the most.
(NOTE: Children with a Child Trust Fund (CTF) cannot have a Junior ISA as well as a CTF unless the CTF is transferred to a Junior ISA with us. See ‘ISA Transfers’ below.)
- you invest on the child’s behalf, but only the child can receive the money.
- you can invest up to £4,260 each tax year.
- the invested money will earn annual bonuses.
- when the child chooses to cash it in (after they are 18) a final bonus will also be added (after 3 years or more).
- you can save in a mixture of either lump sums or regular monthly instalments (see our Monthly Savings Junior ISA).
- all profits are protected from taxation.
- it can be cashed in at age 18 or left to grow (a charge will apply if withdrawn after less than one year).
PLEASE NOTE: When the child reaches the age of 16 they are legally responsible for their own savings plans.