With a Metfriendly Children’s Savings Plan you can save for a beloved child’s future for just £25 a month – and it’s exempt from tax.
So for a relatively small monthly sum a much-loved child could receive quite a substantial lump-sum after at least ten years of saving.
Only friendly societies can offer these simple tax-exempt savings plans.
Save a fixed £25 a month and after at least ten years the accrued sum will be paid to the child (alternatively it can be left as long as they wish to accrue further potential bonuses). The child (if aged 16 or over) or the parent can request the money at any time, but it will always be paid to the child. A new plan can be started for the child (up to the age of 18) for a further ten years if required.
- low fixed monthly premium of just £25
- guaranteed lump sum after 10 years (or leave it invested to grow)
- each year an annual bonus is added to the savings
- a final bonus is normally added when the plan is cashed in after at least ten years
- Metfriendly does not pay tax on the income and capital gains made for this tax-exempt plan – so we can pay higher bonuses
PLEASE NOTE: When the child reaches the age of 16 they are legally responsible for their own savings plans and the annual statement will be sent to them.