(NOTE: Children with a Child Trust Fund (CTF) cannot have a Junior ISA as well as a CTF unless the CTF is transferred to a Junior ISA with us. See ‘ISA Transfers’ below.)
Making regular savings in a Junior ISA is fantastic way to put something aside for a child’s future. Start regular savings now and watch them grow, and you can add a lump sum to it at any time.
Anyone, such as grandparents, uncles, aunts, Godparents or family friends can pay into a Junior ISA for a child as long as they have the parent(s) or guardian(s) consent.
With annual bonuses and the knowledge that the ISA funds must go to the child you’ll be providing an important financial boost to a child just when they may need it the most.
PLEASE NOTE: When the child reaches the age of 16 they are legally responsible for their own savings plans.
- an increased guaranteed annual bonus of 2.5%* until April 2020, on amounts invested in 2018/19 tax year (commencing 6 April 2018)
- subsequent annual bonus rates will be no less than the annual bonus rate for our Lump Sum ISA at that time
- the savings can then be left to grow, withdrawn, or switched to the Lump Sum Junior ISA for even higher growth potential
- you can vary your premiums or add a lump sum at any time (you can start with a minimum lump sum of £500 and thereafter we accept minimum top-ups of £100 if you are also paying monthly premiums)
- you can stop and restart your premiums at any time
- all funds invested for at least two tax years can be transferred (or withdrawn if the child is 18 or over) with no penalty
- can be cashed in at age 18 or left to grow
Low Starting Premium
- save for a child’s future from just £30 a month
- annual yearly Junior ISA limit currently set at £4,260