The Metfriendly Lifetime ISA (LISA) is designed to do one of two things – help you buy your first home, or supplement your retirement pot.
You can save up to £4,000 a year tax-free to which the government will add an impressive 25% (that’s up to £1,000 p.a.!) and Metfriendly also adds annual bonuses and a final bonus.
It’s important to remember however, that although the government bonus is added as you save, you will only actually keep it if you are a first time home buyer and use your LISA savings on a ‘qualifying property purchase’ (see FAQs) or saving towards your retirement and don’t withdraw any of your savings until you are 60.
Lifetime ISA Key Benefits
- the government will add 25% on top of your savings – that’s up to £1,000 each year!
- Metfriendly will add an additional guaranteed annual bonus (1.5% until April 2023 for amounts invested in 2022/23 tax year). After that, annual bonuses are as per our Lump Sum ISA, including a possible final bonus after you invest for a further 3 complete tax years
- comes with the Metfriendly Escalator option which could help you reach your saving ambitions faster
- save monthly (min £50 p.m. when using the Metfriendly Escalator option, or £100 without) or add lump sums (min £1,200 or £400 for top-ups)
- you can invest a maximum of £4,000 per year (leaving you £16,000 a year to invest in other Metfriendly ISAs)
- available to those aged 18-39, but once you’ve opened an account you’ll be able to continue to pay in contributions up to the age of 50
- no income or capital gains tax is payable on the investment growth
- your spouse is eligible too which means you could get up to £2,000 a year EXTRA from the government between you
- you can transfer money in from other ISAs too (see FAQs)
- you can use your Lifetime ISA to help buy your first home and, by keeping it open and continuing to contribute, use it to supplement your retirement too, with all contributions up to the age of 50 being eligible for a 25% government bonus
Reach your saving ambitions faster
The Lifetime ISA comes with the Metfriendly Escalator option.
- If you select this option, your monthly payments can start from just £50 in the first year and will then automatically increase each year (minimum increase of £10 a year) from the following April, until you tell us to stop.
- The most you can contribute is £333 per month, the equivalent to the maximum monthly ISA limit of £4,000 over 12 months.
If you already have a Metfriendly Lifetime ISA, you can add the Metfriendly Escalator by completing this short form.
Please note, if you seek to withdraw funds from a Lifetime ISA for anything other than a qualifying house purchase (or before the age of 60, if you’re saving towards retirement) significant government penalties apply, and you may get less back than you have put in.
Metfriendly reserves the right to also apply a Market Value Reduction (MVR) so that the value when you cash in more fairly reflects our performance over the period of investment.