The lump sum benefit is £16,500 tax free.
Our Critical Illness Cover
- is very affordable, £4.95 a month for non-smokers
- is designed with younger officers in mind
- is a cheaper, more affordable alternative to Income Protection
- complements the Federation’s Reg 28 Insurance
- includes medical retirement benefit for paid police employees only
To help get you started your first three months’ premiums are completely free (12 months free for new recruits).
Should you wish to have more cover than the Critical Illness Cover lump sum benefit we have more comprehensive Critical Illness cover available as an option on our Life Insurance and Mortgage Protection life insurance plans.
Note: Critical Illness Cover is only available to those aged under 35. Those aged 35 or over could consider our Income Protection plan.