To help get you started your first 12 months’ premiums are completely free.
The lump sum benefit is £25,000 tax-free. This rises to £50,000 for some of the medical conditions, if the event is triggered in the execution of Police duties.
Need information on a Critical Illness Cover Plan taken prior to 2023?
Our Critical Illness Cover
- is affordable, £6.95 a month for non-smokers (just 23p a day) after the first 12 months
- is designed with younger officers in mind (who have joined the Police Service within the last 3 years)
- is a cheaper, more affordable alternative to Income Protection
- provides additional protection to the Federation’s Reg 28 Insurance
- includes medical retirement benefit for paid Police Officers and Staff only
Should you wish to have more cover than the Critical Illness Cover lump sum benefit we have more comprehensive Critical Illness cover available as an option on our Life Insurance and Mortgage Protection life insurance plans.
Note: Critical Illness Cover is only available to those aged under 35. Those aged 35 or over could consider our Income Protection plan.